My favorite ingredient in the whole wide world is Peanut Butter. I can literally have it any time of day and just from a jar 🍶 As it’s a great healthy snack many nutritionists recommend (the sugarfree version of course) I wanted to add it to one of my healthy creations. What’s better than peanut butter cups? I recently bought Reese’s sugar free mini and then it hit me..why not make my own with just 4 ingredients?!
All needed is– dark chocolate, coconut butter, chocolate protein powder, peanut butter and if desired a sweetener of choice; honey, maple syrup or sucralose. I didn’t add any sugar as my protein is sweet enough.
My first trial was okay, but it needed a little touching up..
My second attempt was sooo much better
Now to the method:
- Melt 4tspns of coconut butter with 150gr of belgian dark chocolate and stir until incorporated. Add 1-2 scoops of chocolate protein powder and 2 tbsp of water. Mix together and add any liquid sweetener depending on taste.
- The protein powder does get a little lumpy and makes the chocolate slightly chunky, add more warm water by tspns or melted coconut butter if it seems too thick.
- In another bowl, melt 3 tspns of coconut butter and add 1/4 cup of peanut butter of your choice-smooth or crunchy.
- Fill cupcake tins with the chocolate mixture by a spoonful just to cover the bottom flat. Add the peanut butter to make a middle layer and then another spoonful of chocolate.
- Refrigerate for a couple hours. These cups can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or frozen.
Happy Easter 🍫🐰🐣