I need to start writing down recipes I’ve tested. This is why I didn’t post anything for how many months now? 11. THAT’s nearly a year 😳
Shame on me🙈
Let’s start this year( in February lol) right and be more dedicated to posting! I have done some incredible cakes, and I do want to share some content with you all.
My final year at university finishes in a few months, after that my aim is to have my own Cake Shop in a few years. So let’s get the experimenting going✌🏼
This Insane Nutty Chocolate Chip Banana Bread was a combination of 3 different recipes I put together and it was a HUGE success. It’s nutty, gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and best served warm (straight outta the oven 😬) smothered in more peanut butter and chia jam. So basically heaven in your mouthHave a go at it yourselves..👇🏼
- 3 eggs 🥚
- 3 very ripe bananas 🍌, mashed
- 1 tbsn coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup (or jar) smooth peanut butter
- 200gr ground almonds
- 50gr coconut flour
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1/2 tspn bicarb of soda
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 1 tbsn date nectar (maple syrup or honey will also do the trick)
- Dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Pecan nuts/ walnuts
- Banana chips
- Mix together the eggs, mashed bananas and coconut oil in a medium sized bowl with a whisk. This recipe doesn’t require a had-mixer or kitchen aid.
- Add the peanut butter. I used Sunpat because my local Tesco didn’t have any other ‘better’ one. But I would recommend a Meridian one that is ‘wetter’ if that makes sense.
- Now add the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Once it’s all incorporated, the mixture should be relatively thick but runny at the same time. Now you can add cinnamon, chocolate chips, nuts or anything you fancy and stir them all in.
- Pour the batter in a loaf tin lined with baking parchment ( always easiest to pull the bread out with greaseproof paper).
- I topped the bread with more pecans, chocolate chips and crunchy banana chips.
The bread bakes for about 40 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. I think 😀. I have a bad habit of forgetting to put the timer on my phone and just check the bread every now and then and just cut a kinfe through the middle when the bread is golden on top. When it comes out clean that means the breads okay to take out.
And I must say it was perfect 👌
To make the homemade Raspberry Chia Jam, I used a 250gr packet of frozen raspberries, 1/3 cup of water and heated in a saucepan. Then I added chia seeds. Admittedly I didn’t measure them, I sprinkled and added some at a time depending on how thick the jam was getting. Squeeze in honey according to preference of sweetness. Done in 5 minutes.